Complexity Digest has been successfully networking the complexity community since fall of 1999. It is edited by Dr. Carlos Gershenson, and published by the Instituto de Investigaciones en Matematicas Aplicadas y en Sistemas (IIMAS) and the Centro de Ciencias de la Complejidad (C3) of the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM).
Its founding editor was Dr Gottfried Mayer, a member of the complexity community since his residence at the Santa Fe Institute in its early days. He deceased victim of cancer on January, 2009. Until then, the sponsor of ComDig was Dean LeBaron, trustee of SFI and investment commentator. ComDig was created by Gottfried and Dean, and we try to follow their original ideas.
Contributors are welcome to send submissions to one of the topics in Scoop.it.
Since 2014, ComDig has become the official news channel of and has been sponsored by the Complex Systems Society.
Readership should range from academics in almost every field to business people who want to know how to use the concepts. From students in search of knowledge to journalists looking for items from this rich field of activity. All are encouraged so long as it is of use to them.
- To network the complexity community as a hub with links to relevant complexity sites in research, application, and education.
- To collect and disseminate online complexity science related content -as text and other electronic media- to anybody interested in the topic.
- Use the nature of connections about complexity to:
- speed up its evolutionary development,
- extend its interactions crossing over disciplines, levels of knowledge and geography to find new research and new applications.