The VIII Summer School on Statistical Physics of
Complex Systems promoted by the Topical Group on Statistical and Nonlinear
Physics (GEFENOL) of the Spanish Physical Society. The School follows the
previous successful editions which took place in Palma de Mallorca (2011,
2013, 2014, 2017), Benasque (2012), Barcelona (2015) and Pamplona (2016).
The school, oriented to Master and PhD students and young postdocs worldwide
will take place at IFISC (CSIC-UIB) in Palma de Mallorca, Spain, on July 2-13, 2018
and will include six courses:
* Stochastic delay systems, by Tobias Galla, The University of Manchester.
* Bayesian inference in complex networks, by Marta Sales-Pardo, Universitat Rovira i Virgili.
* Deep learning from a statistical physics perspective, by Raúl Vicente, Univerty of Tartu
* Spreading phenomena in networks, by Claudio Castellano, Istituto dei Sistemi Complessi (ISC-CNR).
* Geometric frustration in soft matter systems, by Pietro Tierno, Universitat de Barcelona.
* Transport in nanosystems, by David Sánchez, IFISC (CSIC-UIB).